Save the Bees
WHY SAVE THE BEES?
Here in the UK, and globally, bees are in decline and continue to face many threats including habitat loss, climate change, toxic pesticides and disease. In Britain, bumblebee species are declining and two have become extinct.
Bees perform a task that is vital to the survival of agriculture –pollination. It is estimated that one third of the food we consume each day relies on pollination by bees and other creatures.
More needs to be done to protect both wild bees and commercial bees. If we don’t, we may lose all the plants that bees pollinate, all the animals that eat those plants and so on up the food chain. Up to 50% of the fruit and vegetables available to us now would disappear. A world without bees would struggle to maintain the global population.
We want to do our bit to help, so by purchasing any of our 'Save the Bees' range, you will be supporting The Bumblebee Conservation Trust.
Proud to support
The Bumblebee Conservation Trust was established to address these serious concerns about the plight of the bumblebee. It is the only charity dedicated wholly to saving the UK’s bumblebees.
The Trust has three main aims:
- Supporting the conservation of all UK Bumblebees, whether they are rare or common.
- An increase in awareness, understanding and education about bumblebees and the social, environmental and economic benefits they provide
- Ensuring the Trust is sustainable, effective and responsive to the challenges ahead.
By buying a 'Save the Bees' product from our store, you will also be supporting the Bumblebee Conservation Trust.
How does it work?
merchandise from our site
Where does the money go?
The Bee Conservation Trust works hard to create the habitats and to encourage bee friendly gardening that bees need to survive.
- £16 buys 100g of wildflower seeds to create around 5m2 of wildlife habitats.
- £75 helps towards the production of land management fact sheets. These advise land managers on ways to improve their land for wild pollinators.
- £250 covers the cost of a seed vacuum to harvest local seed for transplanting to a nearby field.
Through your purchase, you'll be helping to add much needed flowers to Britain’s landscape and support the quest to Save the Bees.